Monday, November 26, 2007

"We know what we are, but know not what we may become."

The timeless Shakespeare says it all.
So I didn't get to go to weight watchers Saturday to find out my weight loss for the week. Have you ever been sick enough where you slept in your bed an entire day? This has only happened to me a handful of times throughout my adult life. It is almost liberating in a strange way because when you are sick there isn't anything you can do about it but wait until you get better.

Thanksgiving wasn't easy. So I am definitely glad I prepared for it. All week I saved as many of my "extra" calories as I could. WW gives you 35 points or approximately 2100 calories "extra" a week to play around with. You use these when you know you may need to eat more, like at a wedding or holiday or just because you can't resist one more temptation. You can eat these calories all in one day or spread them out over the week. The extra points act like a safety net.

I had about 20 extra points by the time Thanksgiving came. So my allotment for the day was 55 points or approximately 3300 calories. I decided I would have a healthy breakfast of coffee to get me started & lots of water. Oh yeah, & I had some ziti while I was cooking in the morning. I didn't eat again until 2PM when I had 2 pieces of cheese & a cracker. Then I made sure to bring shrimp over to my brothers so I could eat something high in protein with few calories. I didn't count calories but I am pretty sure I didn't go over my 3300. I think since I have been eating less I am not used to eating a lot because I've noticed I get fuller faster-which I love.

The good news is that I know I have lost weight-at least another pound if not more. I've also lost 5 & 3/4 inches since I have begun my mission. One of those inches were from my waist. According to DR Oz, a womans waist should be no more than 35 inches. I have a way to go but I now have one less inch to worry about.

I will be eating at a NYC diner tonight so I have to go find out how many calories grilled cheese on rye with tomatoe is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!