Thursday, January 10, 2008

Yesterday


January 9th marked the one year anniversary of my brother-in-laws death. It says something about a man when his mother, with all of his siblings & their partners gather together & spend the day remembering him. The love of his life brought roses & each of us threw them into the ocean where he swam. She brought us white balloons & we all wrote messages on them telling him how much we miss him & love him. My husband wrote simple words describing special memories that only they shared as children. I wrote how lucky I was to have him for a brother-in-law. I wrote for my son how much he wished he was there to be with everyone & how much he loves him. Then we released the white balloons & watched as they disappeared from view into the vivid blue sky knowing Paul would catch & read every one of them up in Heaven.

His love shouted to the sky,"...see how special you are!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a beautiful picture. I was telling a colleage this morning about our day yesterday and she said "you are an extraordinary family", which is so true.

Big Love
Mary

Anonymous said...

Hi Di,

That was beautiful what you wrote. It was so good to spend time with you yesterday. I don't know what i would do without you and all of the Faria's. I am so blessed to have you all in my life.

I really feel Paul was with us yesterday, (the surf board, the sun, the hockey stick, the roses all lining up in a row, the balloons going to Montauk together as on big family).

I love you Di