Friday, February 22, 2008

A Complaint Free World

9780385524582









Has anyone ever heard of this movement? In the summer of 2006 Rev. Will Bowen spoke about the negative effects of complaining & suggested that his congregation wear a purple bracelet for 21 days. The idea is to challenge yourself to make a true change of attitude. Bowen explains on his website that scientists say it takes 21 days to break a habit & he believes if you commit to this, you will see a marked change in your attitude while achieving greater serenity. The bracelet serves as a reminder so that if you find yourself about to complain you can stop yourself before you do so while at the same time switching the bracelet to your other wrist.
When I first heard about this I thought about how I am not much of a complainer then I realized something that in retrospect is so obvious-I complain about myself too myself. Although I have grown tremendously in this area of my life, when I thought about this idea I found that for me it would be a great act of self love if I tried to break this habit for 21 days. Besides I am sure I will find that I complain in other ways I am not even aware of simply out of habit.
You can order bracelets on Bowen's website. They are free, you only have to pay a nominal shipping fee.
So if you would like to do your part in spreading world peace, feel more serene, & begin to examine all that is good in your life I encourage you to check this out for yourself. I found the Lives Changed testimonials on Will Bowen's homepage inspiring. You may click here if you'd like to check out Bowen's site.

"If you don't like something change it.
If you can't change it change your attitude; Don't complain."
-Maya Angelou

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will check it out. I love the quote.

Anonymous said...

Sounds good, most people could use a purple bracelet. :-) Priscilla's G'ma

dianasfaria.com said...

I got that quote off of Bowen's site.