Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tomorrow I celebrate my 100th post!

If you are interested in the more extended version of why I started my blog, please come and visit me tomorrow.

In other news I am saddened to hear that Sydney Pollack died yesterday. He is one of my all time favorite actors. My husband, another fan of Mr. Pollack, works in Manhattan so it wasn't unusual when he walked by him on the sidewalk last year. He said he looked like a million bucks. Yesterday when he told me he had died, he was in disbelief remembering his encounter and how great he looked.
When I was watching Michael Clayton I didn't know Mr. Pollack was in it so it was a real treat when he appeared on screen. You know how it is when you get to see one of your favorite actors act. It's just fun and Mr. Pollack was fun to watch-he was always good. I felt lucky to have just seen him in Michael Clayton and right before that in a French film released in America by the name of Avenue Montaigne-another movie Sydney Pollack's presence enhanced.
George Clooney was right, Sydney Pollack always seem to make whatever part he played in life more interesting.
R.I.P. Mr. Pollack...we will miss you.

No comments: