Saturday, June 7, 2008

Happy night...

We had the most delicious and beautiful dinner last night at my son's school. It was for all the parents & the 8th grade graduating class & their teachers. It was so nice seeing everyone and just relaxing and chatting and eating! I will miss all the parents I have gotten to know & I will encourage my son to keep in touch with all the friends he has made.
I'm glad we were able to gather and celebrate because I think it will help us get used to the idea that all of the children are leaving middle school for real next week. It is a cause for celebration that they are moving and growing but it is also heart wrenching at the same time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A reward for all your hard work. PG'ma

Mignon said...

Stumbled upon your blog I believe from PDP. It kind of parallels mine a bit differant but same too. I do have 2 girls I think your son is between them, 13 and 15 yo. I also was on WW but slid off that wagon. I am located on the West coast. I do have 2 dogs that need me more then anyone in the family. Enough. If you don't mind I would like to continue reading your blog.
I read the post about Dusting. And I noticed right by this computer I am typing at, has a can next to it. Life can be ugly. I will be hiding it.

dianasfaria.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dianasfaria.com said...

Hi M,
Yes I have seen you on PDP too, isn't it great blog?
I just tried to leave a comment on your blog & somehow it showed up on mine! You may notice the deleted comment above -it didn't make much sense here!
Anyway, of course, read my blog-I'm flattered. I love it when people read my blog. & I especially love comments! Thank you. I will be checking yours out as well, if that's OK with you.
Lily H