Saturday, July 26, 2008

Walking Along Sixth Avenue

Thursday I had the good fortune to walk along Sixth Avenue with my camera at the ready. It was pouring out, so the early morning rush hour was wet but I think relieved because at least it was cooler! I took cover at a cafe on Bleecker Street where I had my final cup of decaffeinated Joe, forever. I think it was a nice way to say goodbye...more on that another time. This was my view out the window at the cafe. I couldn't help but notice the beautiful Miss Empire as I walked. She kept ducking in and out of clouds. Isn't she lovely?

Then I came upon the old Limelight. This church was converted into a nightclub. I went there once. It was fun. That was a long time ago. It's closed now.

Here is another shot of it with taxis zooming by. I love the bright yellow.
These guys look like they are having fun. I wish more people would bike around the city -like in Copenhagen!


I had to take this photo. It was such a burst of color against a grey rainy day.


A walk along sixth avenue wouldn't be complete without a shot of the Jefferson Market Branch Library. I always liked that clock tower!
I hope you enjoyed the photos. Did any of them bring back any memories for you?

3 comments:

Jeannelle said...

Your city scene photos are fascinating! I stopped by from a SkyWatch tour.

Anonymous said...

Those 'Jaws' Bikes are hilarious. Very innovative. Only in NYC.

dianasfaria.com said...

I'm glad you liked them Thanks for stopping by you guys!