Thursday, January 3, 2008

Letting Go



God grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

That last line is the hardest for me. I mean sometimes it is so obvious what I can control & what I can't. Yet I guess the most important thing is the first line. If I have serenity it is easier to accept things. Then what about the courage? I heard someone say once that courage is about being afraid of doing something scary but doing it anyway.
Shortly after saying this prayer this morning-I try to remember to pray this every morning no matter how I feel-something told me (I seriously think it was my angel whispering in my ear again) to go and read the daily page in The Language of Letting Go. What a great page for me to read today- thank you my dear angel.
Here is part of it;

In recovery, we learn that self-care leads us on the path to God's will and plan for our life. Self-care never leads away from our highest good; it leads toward it.
Learn to nurture that voice inside. We can trust ourselves. We can take care of ourselves. We are wiser than we think. Our guide is within, ever-present. Listen to, trust, and nurture that guide.

Today I will affirm that I am a gift to myself and the Universe. I will remember that nurturing self-care delivers that gift in its highest form.

Thank you too Melody Beattie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post Diana.I too thank Melody Beattie many times over...