Friday, January 18, 2008

Thank you Jesus!



Today is one of those days when everything is so abundantly overflowing with good news. I just want to revel in it. Today is the last day of my Dad's radiation treatments. He had a rough Autumn with illness & a leg injury that took him out of work. Right before Christmas he just wasn't physically up to par.Thankfully, considering the possible side effects of Prostate cancer he has had little. He needs to continue to take care of himself but he is going to be OK.
I just got my mammogram results back & they are fine. If any of you are women reading this, PLEASE get your mammos if you are not up to date. We owe it to ourselves, our families & every woman that has had to battle breast cancer. The earlier a problem is detected the better. Knowledge is power.

On a lighter note our man/boy, beautiful boy, just found out he was accepted to all three Catholic high schools he applied too, one of which says he is a candidate for their honors program. Please pray for him, he has a lot of thinking to do. He is also in the process of applying to 3 other schools, so that adds more decision making to the mix.

& lastly but definitely not leastly, my beloved parents are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary today. My parents have pretty much been through it all & have come out of it very much ALIVE! & though it hasn't been an easy ride for them, they stuck it out & they stuck together. When I think of all the blessings in my life, among them is what my parents have given me over the years, like encouraging me to be who I really am- which is probably what I am most grateful to them for. What child doesn't want their parents to accept them as they are? I often think of them every time my husband & I encourage our son to be himself.

Thanks for that Mom & Dad

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Ian! We will be praying for him. And congratulations to your parents! And that is my baby peeking down there in the corner of that picture!

Anonymous said...

Thank you and Anthony, Chip and Lynn and all 4 of our grandchildren for a very very enjoyable evening. We will remember it always. Perfect way to celebrate our 50th. We love you all deeply. Mom and Dad

nowriter said...

What a beautiful tribute. It made me cry. Go, Big G and Mrs. Big G! Happy Anniversary!
Terre