Sunday, March 16, 2008

"I mean more to me than I mean to anybody else."

-Margaret Brown, AKA The Unsinkable Molly Brown. She survived the Titanic sinking & was also an actress, activist & philanthropist.
Every time I read this, it makes me laugh because it really should be true of everyone in a way. It makes me think of how wonderful the world would be if we all would truly and unconditionally love who we are right at this moment recognizing all the good that is inside us, all the good that God has given us & wants us to acknowledge- like Molly did.

So Sat. morning at 6AM after a mind bending Friday night performance by my son & his fellow actors performing "Once On This Island" I drove myself to my weight watchers meeting. I lost 1.4 pounds. Alleluia, Alleluia. Seriously, it is only by the grace of God that I am willing. Thank you God. The last few weeks in WW haven't been first & foremost in my mind as they were in... hmm...since January! I know I will succeed through these less triumphant times because I will not give up. I may linger in stagnation here & there but I guess that is to be expected. The main thing I feel is that I will continue to lose until I have lost it all-and that is a promise to myself because I am doing this for me. Like my favorite Father Todd would say, Amen I say to that.

No comments: