Monday, March 17, 2008

A New Earth

-Awakening to Your Life's Purpose. This is the title of Eckhart Tolle's book. Tonight at 9PM Oprah has her third class with Eckhart via a free live web cast you may access through her website. I happened upon the book at my local Costco for $7.99. Oprah has also created a workbook that you can download & print out to use as you study along with Eckhart's book.
The first week I signed on at around 8:45 PM thinking I was early only to find out cyberspace was in a bit of a traffic jam as everyone tried to get to class. The second week I had other plans that conflicted with class time so I missed it again. No worries though if you start late-Oprah has made it very easy to catch up so I was able to easily do so at my convenience. If you are interested you may start the class from the beginning which may make it easier to understand or you may watch the third installment tonight. I advise getting there early to get logged on & such.
What an inspiring hopeful class! Eckhart Tolle is a great spiritual teacher. For anyone who is the least bit concerned with their own spiritual path as well as the planet & how we as humans are affecting it-you may find this fascinating.
After living with depression & anxiety for years Eckhart was on the verge of suicide when he came to a realization that there was a consciousness far deeper than his ego that recognized he could no longer live with himself the way he was. He describes it fully in his class with Oprah as the moment he realized there was another presence inside him that acknowledged this. The awareness of that presence is what saved him. He talks about how we all have a story & how vital it is to detach from that story so that we can simply be in the present. The class is far more interesting than what I am describing here so if I have peaked your interest the least bit, go check it out on- http://www.oprah.com/

"You do not become good by trying to be good, but by finding the goodness that is already within you, and allowing that goodness to emerge."-Eckhart Tolle

No comments: