Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Stephanie's on Newbury Street

So Boston was everything I never expected. It's a small city with beautiful old architecture that seems wonderfully maintained. It was enough for us to walk everywhere around the Boston Park Plaza Hotel where we stayed.
The first day after checking in we ventured out for lunch & wound up at Stephanie's on Newbury Street. I know this sounds crazy, but I picked this place for lunch because I have an adorable niece with curly blond hair named Stephanie & I thought it just had to be good with a name like that and it was. My handsome better half had the soft shelled crab sandwich. I wanted to try it but had to close my eyes in order to do so. It's probably just me but I just think it's too freaky eating a batter dipped mini crab on a bun. You could actually see the complete shape of the crab. It looked as if they plucked it out of the water, dipped it in batter and I imagined- threw it into the deep fryer while it was still moving. It did taste good though-as long as I kept my eyes closed- that is!
I very much enjoyed the Pecan crusted warm goat cheese salad-delicioso.
I snapped this photo thinking of my niece. I love the initial S. It also happens to be one of my own initials as well.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really enjoying reading about your adventure in Boston and I think this photo is wonderful!

dianasfaria.com said...

Thanks Quasi! I am glad-It figures you would like this photo too!