Sunday, May 4, 2008

Oh, how I dread posting this...

Hopefully it will be good for me as I face the situation and recommit myself AGAIN to my weight loss. Honestly, I actually thought I had my mojo back!!! So when I got on the scale yesterday morning I thought, OK, I missed my weekly weight watchers meeting while gallivanting in Boston so I thought if I had gained 1 or 2 pounds I am not going to get upset about it, no big deal, like what do I expect? This was my thinking. Also, the important thing is that I came back to my weekly meeting ready to weigh in & I was ready to face the music. I was doing what I am supposed to be doing. Content with these thoughts I handed my little card to the nice lady. I don't know what it was exactly- maybe it was her body language, but somehow I knew it wasn't good. I get my card back and decide to take a seat before I find out the verdict. Good thing I sat down.
Ready? +5.4 pounds. I gained back 5.4 pounds in 2 weeks! How much does that suck? I wondered if she made a mistake. I wonder if I should ask her to weigh me again, just to make sure. I want to flee the area. But where would I go? How would I feel if I actually left? It would be liking giving up on myself. And I've actually started loving myself enough not to be doing that. I have to be there for me. I probably need this meeting more than ever this morning. I force myself to stay. It doesn't matter how uncomfortable I am feeling. What matters is today.
Sitting there in disbelief I am right next to a line of people getting weighed. Some are happy, they have lost weight. There goes my theory about the scale being broken. I decide to wait till I get home to check my weight. I was going to do a little shopping first. I realize it's probably better to go home after my meeting and eat some yogurt with fruit before I get too hungry. It was already 8:30 and I hadn't had any breakfast. I go home and the first thing I do is weigh myself and yes I find out WW's scale is indeed correct. I allow myself the day to get over it vowing I will post about it this morning.
Each week they have a space on the weight watchers mini journal where you can write down a commitment for the week. This week I decide to exercise everyday, sign up for the gym and juice some greens-that always gives me lots of energy.
Hmm...I wonder if this may have anything to do with my recent weight gain? Funny how I actually thought having tea and sharing fries would help me calorie wise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great weather coming up, there's the garden to get ready and yard cleaning, you'll be back on top of it in no time. PGma

dianasfaria.com said...

Yes! Today is a new day-right?