Monday, May 12, 2008

"One touch of nature makes the whole world kin."-Shakespeare

Saturday morning I found out I lost 2.4 pounds. So I didn't lose the three I thought I had at the beginning of the week. Actually I did lose it last Monday, I just found some of it back. Three would have been nice, but I am grateful I lost 2.4.
In less than two weeks I have to see the DR & I would love to be 4 more pounds lighter when I see her. I am going to have to up the ante a bit I think.
Last week I committed to exercising everyday, juicing & joining the gym. I actually didn't exercise until Wednesday which only left me three days of that week to exercise. So Wednesday & Thursday I ran 3.2 miles & Friday I walked for 50 minutes. I never juiced, but I do have the organic celery, carrots, parsley and apples waiting in the fridge. I also didn't join the gym. I know I can juice and exercise today. I also may be able to check out the gym. I guess it is always good to set goals because inevitably I will wind up doing something and something is always better than nothing. I have to focus on my progress. It's OK to be honest with myself seeing what I didn't do, but I can't let that cloud my thinking. I don't seem to get very far thinking like the perfectionist I once was.
I like to volunteer to bring either the fruit salad or the green salad whenever I am invited to a food gathering. This way I get to use as many organic ingredients that I can. Consuming organic ingredients is a small step all of us can take to insure better health for ourselves as well as the planet. Besides, those organic strawberries here in this salad tasted far superior than any I have tasted this season by far! Go here if you would like to know more about the consequences of pesticide use. I can't imagine how boring life would be without birds in my yard.
We do not use any toxic substances on our property. We can't control other people's actions, but we can start with ourselves and in doing so I believe each of us can make a difference to help ourselves and our beloved planet.
I like to think my family and I are providing a sanctuary for all of the animals that come to visit here or make it their home. Sometimes when I am outside in my garden I feel like I'm in a jungle as I listen to nature's music. I also welcome the busy flying back and forth of the birds across the lawn from one tree to the next. I find my garden a complete respite for my mind.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a great salad! It went great with the rest of the meal. -A

dianasfaria.com said...

I am so glad you enjoyed it.
;)

Anonymous said...

That salad looks yummy! I love the bowl it is in.
Living with your brother there is little chance we are avoiding any toxins with the jet engine being run or all the chemicals he likes to use in the garage - drives me just a tad crazy -- but I have to let it go he's home and he's doing things right? Congrats on the loss!~

dianasfaria.com said...

LOL! Thanks QM!