Friday, July 4, 2008

Freedom

Happy fourth of July my dear friends! Today looks like rain in these parts. It's a grey day with a humid heavy feeling. I'm not looking forward to my Yorkie Priscilla quaking with fear when the fireworks start. Apparently we have many patriotic fellows around here who so enjoy the meaning of the holiday they feel compelled to reenact the origins of our liberation by setting off what basically sound like explosions. I guess it's kind of fun...
photo courtesy of Ian
I plan on doing whatever makes me happy today. Hopefully this will sustain me when I face the evening with a shivering, vibrating, fearing for the end of the world as we know it Priscilla.
On another note, if you enjoy reading about music and like looking at captivating photography, go visit two fabulous blogs that I have just added to my interesting places on my sidebar here. Both blogs are similar in their unique perspective and for that reason I find them interesting places to visit. Lines of Oration is a blog mostly all about music and the concise original opinion of the blogs author Double Hawk. The Butterfly Effect is a lovely photo blog written by Arnold Layne whose black and white photos all seem to be linked by a thread of mystery and intrigue.
I feel lucky to have found these new places at their inception and I look forward to watching both blogs as they develop.
Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves. ~Abraham Lincoln


4 comments:

Ian France said...

Thanks for the publicity, I appreciate it.

dianasfaria.com said...

Your welcome, my pleasure!
; )

Double Hawk said...

Yeah, thanks for the publicity also!

dianasfaria.com said...

Your very welcome. I can't wait to read more!
; )