Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hope you like my ghost photo...

please bear with me, I just can't get seem to get enough of Halloween.
I have been wanting to post here so badly since my "one" day of journaling last week. I have so much to tell you. First I want to say the journaling definitely helped. I actually did journal every day this week. Like I thought might happen, I couldn't write it all in this blog, it was just too time consuming. It was hard enough keeping up with it every day, especially when I had to figure out what mood I was in, now that was draining! I did find out one major thing in the process. If I write down what I eat or even what I plan on eating, I will eat less!
Some more good news, when I weighed in at my Weight Watchers meeting last Saturday, I lost .6 pounds. When I am in a negative frame of mind it seems like nothing but when I total up the last three weeks it adds up to 1.2 pounds. Some days I would just love to quit, that would be so easy. But I know I will feel so much better about myself if I just keep moving forward. Besides, it's nice to be able to go clothes shopping again. I can actually find things I like & I'm not grossed out when I look in the mirror in those awful dressing rooms. & even though I only seem to be able to lose a little weight at a time, exercising really helps with how my clothes fit which is a nice feeling. I'm not so uncomfortable anymore. I feel like I am losing inches if not fat!

9 comments:

Claire, said...

I love it!

Anonymous said...

Keep it up soul sis! Sounds like a turn around for you-cool. Those ghosts look like peeps(you know the marshmallow candy??)

MmeBenaut said...

Casper the friendly ghost? I love it too; he was my favourite cartoon character when I was a little kid.

Keep up with the diet Lily. I lost a bit this week but I've been very naughty this weekend so I guess the scales will go up again next week. Ugh!

Anonymous said...

Love the pic, especially that guy in the lower left corner...the ghost of Edvard Munch, perhaps....

Though, as for being grossed out when you look in the mirror, perhaps it's more a matter of perception than weight? Then, after decades of ducking away from cameras, I'm hardly one to talk.... Just wandered into your blog from Lydia's domain. Namaste.

Anonymous said...

Love the pic, especially that guy in the lower left corner...the ghost of Edvard Munch, perhaps....

Though, as for being grossed out when you look in the mirror, perhaps it's more a matter of perception than weight? Then, after decades of ducking away from cameras, I'm hardly one to talk.... Just wandered into your blog from Lydia's domain. Namaste.

Ian France said...

Excellent photo - it delivers an eerie feeling with the dark sky and the white and black ghosts, but also conveys the feeling of childhood being obvious that these ghosts are not scary, but rather cartoony. Great shot.

Gina said...

Love your ghosty photo!
Well done on the weight loss..I'm trying hard here too and slowly getting somewhere! :D Happy Sunday

Gina said...

I meant to say..thanks for visiting my blog recently and for your sweet comments! :D

me ann my camera said...

Great Ghosts!!!