Tuesday, December 4, 2007

A Hatred For Tulips

While perusing the new book section in my town's library, I came across a most intriguing title, A Hatred For Tulips. Who could possibly hate tulips I thought. I love tulips-there has to be a good reason why someone would hate them. Then again, who could hate a young girl named Anne Frank? After reading this book I found it isn't about hatred as much as it is about what happened in wartime Amsterdam.
The book is a quick 182 pages & written by Richard Lourie, a writer & well known expert translator. If you are at all interested in this subject, I encourage you to read this fictional account of who betrayed Anne Frank & her family & why.
When I finished reading this book I felt very grateful to be alive at this time in this country. Stories like this prove to me that despite our current circumstances in the world, it is up to each & every person to create peace in whatever way we can.

"Every act of love is a work of peace, no matter how small." -Mother Teresa

No comments: