Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I owe it all to Sylvia...

Saturday morning was not a good morning for me when I woke up at 6AM for my weight watchers meeting. I was still very tired when the alarm went off & wanted nothing more than to sleep. Only I thought if I did go back to sleep & I didn't in fact lose any weight last week & didn't find out exactly what my weight was at the meeting, then I most likely wouldn't do well this week. So with that thought in mind, I was motivated to brave the cold winter like morning.

Actually, that's not really how I got to the meeting. I truly did think all of those smart thoughts but I was still thinking of going back to bed anyway...until I remembered the cat was out all night & I started to worry she was frozen. By the time I let her in & fed her, there was no turning back. Even after Sylvia threw up all the breakfast she inhaled-like she hadn't eaten in days. I wish I could say it was the cold that made her eat like that, but sometimes she does the same thing in the summer too.
So off I drove, hoping & praying for a one pound loss or a zero gain at the least, & guess what?
I lost 2 pounds! I was so surprised, ( & happy) I asked the lady who weighed me if she was sure she read the numbers right. I had one bad day last week where I didn't write all my food down & I felt very bloated so it just didn't seem likely to me that I could have felt like that & still have lost weight. I am now a total of 5.8 pounds lighter. & thankfully I have been measuring myself so I can also say I have lost a total of 8 inches.

Thank you God for gracing us with Sylvia. I need all the grace I can get.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl! Looks like your body is metabolizing differently. Good for you. We'll have to go shopping after the holidays for new clothes, dozens and dozen of dollars, ;-) Priscilla's Gma

Anonymous said...

Good for you D!One freaky ice storm night I thought we would surely find Bella frozen the next morn - but she was fine. I hate cat puke - Josie really hates it....